Wednesday 27 May 2015

Speeding by Susan L.

  There are a couple of younger people with smaller, bass whomping, muffler roaring cars who consistently tear up the road way above the speed limit. They aren't alone. A lot of people speed past my place.
  One of them came up behind me from seemingly nowhere. I knew he was going to try and pass even though I was doing the 80 KM speed limit. He swerved in and out behind my bumper as we neared the narrow bridge where there is barely room for two cars. Thankfully he waited until we were over before accelerating.
   He and his two passengers tore past me with a thump-thump and a growl as I slowed to make a left hand turn into my driveway. I confess it wasn't handled in a very Christian-like manner. (Bless You, Lord, for Your forgiveness and grace.) A blast on my horn and a short curse was my first reaction. It's unlikely they heard either over the music.
  I am glad I was taught defensive driving and was aware of his presence behind me or there could very easily have been an accident.
  The reality is I am concerned for his safety and the safety of everyone who uses this road. There's been two young people killed at the bridge near by. Speed caused them to lose control as they came over. The passenger was thrown from the airborne car as it crashed into my neighbour's trees. I wouldn't want that to happen again.
  Lord, watch over our young people and the older ones who are in such a hurry to get somewhere then in just as much of a hurry to get somewhere else. May they discover that You are the only destination they need to rush to. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
  "The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who keeps his way preserves his soul." Prov 16:17
 
 
  

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the police should be made aware of the speeding, if they don't already know. It sounds like a very dangerous situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea. My one and only speeding ticket was the result of someone complaining cars were going too fast down their road. If it works for them...

      Delete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...