Friday 19 June 2015

Signed Up by Susan L.

  Tomorrow's Battle of the Brushes is on. It's going to be a long day though. Artists have to be on location at one but the painting doesn't start until two forty-five. There are two rounds and a final. The art is sold via silent auction with the proceeds going to the South Simcoe Arts Council. The minimum bid is ten dollars; an inexpensive way to get an original piece of art! Winners are selected by public vote. There's a small charge of two dollars per vote. It's outside but the weather is supposed to be nice, if a bit hot. If you have nothing to do on Saturday, the battle takes place near the farmer's market off of Victoria St in Alliston by the store Details. Come cheer me on!
  I am excited about it and a bit nervous. I've had some time to think about what to do and to paint a couple of small, practice canvases with ideas while hanging out at the centre. It also helped me decide which painting tools I'll need.
  Meanwhile, and glad for the distraction, I can build the frame to support the board for a larger and much slower creation here in my own studio area.
  To God be the glory!
  "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Ps 27:14
 
 

2 comments:

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...