Monday 29 June 2015

Star Light, Star Bright by Susan L.

  This is definitely not the image in mind I started out with. It just sort of evolved, guided by the way the paint was applied to the 18" x 24" board.
  Thanks go to a couple of artists. One of who painted a similar image at the Battle of the Brushes although in a style all their own. The other was in my art group. They painted a dot for a star then later added a small circular wash around it, daubed it with a cloth and voila, a glowing star.
  I am very pleased with it.
  I've also started doing the garden scene. This time on a canvas. I don't like canvas as much. The paint takes way longer to dry. I'm also not happy with the beginning. It may mean starting again with the seeds of yet another idea.
  Thank You, Lord, for Your inspiration.
  The painting is giving me a nice distraction for the pain in my back. Standing at the drafting table for a bit between paint drying rests is probably helping me not get too seized up. It's much better today, thanks to an easy day yesterday.
  And this is just about all the sitting I can handle.
  As an aside, it won't be much longer before I've no more walls to hang art from. These paintings represent an evolution in confidence and ability. There is a story behind them, a gratitude tale. It would be very difficult to sell them. The fact that I am sharing these initial images with the world...to God be the glory! He's the one who has guided and grown me to this wonderful place!
  "There is gold and a multitude of rubies, but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel." Prov 20:15
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Bonus - as well as therapy, delight, enjoyment and distraction - you are accumulating some pictures for your promise to your friend. Joy all around.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...