Tuesday 7 July 2015

Decisions by Susan L.

  It's nothing life changing or overly important but trying to decide which type of art supplies to take next week up to Algonquin Park. This is almost more important than deciding what clothes to take! Pens and pencils for sure. Watercolours travel better and take up a whole lot less room than acrylics. It's easier to dispose of the water, too. Which I'd need more of if I take the sponges. Those need to be constantly cleaned off. That and when it's warm, the acrylic paint gets gummy and starts to dry out way too quickly. Watercolours only need more water to bring them back to life if they start to dry out.
  I picked up a small tackle box to carry my supplies and this really cool collapsing cup. In a way it's made the decision for me. The acrylic paints won't fit. Perhaps at some point I might invest in a travelling easel that folds into a box along with paint supplies. It's not a priority. Lets see how the desire to paint gets on.
  The painting of the old gray house sits on my drafting table waiting for some finishing touches, some finessing. It took shape Sunday between some housework chores and doing laundry. One thing I need to invest in is a good, fine paintbrush for details. The ones I have tend to lay on too much paint because they are simply too big and because they are cheap, the ends tend to curl making it more difficult to paint a fine line.
  Or perhaps it's because of my need for speed. My hair dryer is now installed beside my drafting table to hurry up the drying process so I can get on with it. Slowing down...now that's a thought! And perhaps it's the next step in my evolution as an artist.
  "For I said in my haste, "I am cut off from before Your eyes"; Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications when I cried out to You." Ps 31:22
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...