Saturday 1 August 2015

Dry Spell by Susan L.

  When I got back from my son's my poor gardens were drooping and parched. Once unpacked I got out there with the hose and gave everything a good drink. How things work always fascinates me. Within twenty minutes of the soaking, the Bee Balm released its lovely fragrance. A crowd of bumble bees and a hummingbird moth spent several moments sipping away at the flower's sweet nectar. I was surprised how quickly the water was utilized. They are a tall flower but it didn't take long for the water to travel up the stem.
  I was close enough to the moth to see its tongue curl in and out of the flowers. They've been blogged about before but because they are a rare sight, I am simply delighted to see one again. They look like miniature humming birds being only a couple of inches in length. Tufts of hair create the illusion of a tail. Their colouring is similar to the birds: jewel greens and soft creams with a darker back. The moth has clear wings that beat in a rapid blur mimicking the way the birds fly. Amazing!
  The next time I see one I'll try and take a picture.
  God's handiwork is awe inspiring: from the tiniest treasure to the mountains, the prairies, the great lakes and seas. Cathedral forests and ancient, natural bonsais that cling to the sides of cliffs, twisted by the wind. Clouds whose appearance is never the same, like a fingerprint on a blue horizon. This list is without end.
  Thank You Lord for Your wonders.
  "Say to God, "How awesome are Your works!"" Ps 66:3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...