Thursday 20 August 2015

I Hear You by Susan L.

  I turned to collaging yesterday. It's a safe way to express my feelings in a one on One with the Lord. The cutting and ripping up of images to make my own image is very therapeutic for me. I try not to think too hard but simply keep the pictures or words which catch my interest as I flip quickly through magazines. It has taken practice to bi-pass organizing any preconceived idea of what it should look like or even what it means to say. Letting things flow often surprises me when the piece is finished and how unified in a theme everything turns out to be.
  These times of intimacy with the Lord have been a path of much healing. Especially when words failed me and I couldn't put what was going on inside into language much less prayers.
  The final piece was from an ad for Bose speakers. The type practically leapt off the page. "What I hear is up to me."
  Choice and free will. Huh.
  I choose to lift the matters of the mind up to You because when I hear Your take on things, it only solidifies my love for You. It only makes it easier to let go of stuff 'n baggage.
  Divine healing is forever. Yet there is one who would have us doubt that by bringing up the past over and over. Hmmm...help me, Lord, not hear his subtle and often not so subtle toxic whisperings. The horse is dead. Flogging it serves no purpose but to steal the joy in my life.
  The choice? To live true to the person I am in God's eyes.
  Do I need to go to church? (That's a yes.) Am I where You want me to be?
  I am trying hard not to ask "when" questions although they are there.
  It is definitely fodder for much contemplation and prayer as well as a request for more clarity. Good Housekeeping isn't the scriptures so it needs to line up.
  "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...