Sunday 16 August 2015

New and Old by Susan L.

  Yesterday was spent with my youngest son. He's working on a graphic novel. It's like a comic book only more sophisticated and much larger. He asked for my help with the dialog and story line so we spent most of the morning and early afternoon reading and re-reading and editing and tweaking what he's written so far.
  I've always loved helping my kids with stuff like that. I missed it when they graduated school and my sounding board, question asking role was no longer needed. It's a nice way to spend some one on one time with them by working towards a common goal.
  He brought some photos that had come into my daughter's possession. Most of them were when we were all much younger. My ex was a firm believer in taking pictures of everything. When I left, photos were the last thing on my mind. It was something I'd been sorry about, that I hadn't taken at least some of them. God is good.
  It ended up taking me down memory lane. Photos do that, don't they? Seeing my youngest boy as a newborn, watching the evolution of my oldest into a man and seeing the gawky, gangly girl turn into a beautiful woman made me realize just how incredibly much I love them. It makes me especially grateful that they are a part of my life.
  The pictures helped me look at the past with fresh eyes. They captured many moments of the good times. It's easy to forget there were good times. Thank You, Lord for that.
  "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the crawling locust, the consuming locust, my great army which I sent among you. You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied and praise the name of the Lord your God, who has dealt wondrously with you." Joel 2:25-26
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...