Sunday 30 August 2015

Parties and Gatherings by Susan L.

  My youngest son and his wife had a housewarming party yesterday.  It was lovely to have all three of my children, their partners and the grandchildren together for the first time since Christmas. My daughter-in-law's mother was there too. She took a few family photos of the bunch of us. It's not often the opportunity arises. Usually one member of the family has to be the person behind the camera!
  I've a church pot luck barbeque to go to after the service today but I am starting to feel the residual effects of two rather busy weeks what with family here (even though it is a joy), working three days in a row and yesterday's travels. Feeling stretched a bit thin is a good way to describe it. I am not sure if doing both, the service and the pot luck, is a wise idea. Mind you, not staying too long is an option, just making an appearance and dropping off the dessert I signed up for might be all that is needed. It's a welcome, meet and greet gathering for our interim pastor so I don't feel I should skip out entirely.
  It's a good time to reach out because trying to do both today under my own steam isn't a wise idea. So, Lord, options: 1. Do both in their entirety knowing You are with me. 2. Do neither. 3. Skip church, go to the party. 4. Go to church, send the dessert with someone else along with an apology.
  Okay. I'll go to church and see how it goes from there. Worrying about it all isn't necessary because this is a good day to trust in the Lord completely. (All days are. Some days it seems easier than others. Forgive me, Lord, for being the silly human that I am!)
  "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Cor 10:31
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...