Friday 25 September 2015

Portrait by Susan L.

  My daughter is an amazing photographer so I was thinking of asking her to do some professional portraits of me. It would be nice to have a decent picture to use as a profile image. I'd have to go the whole nine yards with make-up and clothes, a minor point. The thought crossed my mind it would be neat to do it like the old oil portraits painted by the masters. In those, the sitter held items representative of their status or interests. A king held his sceptre for example.
  So what would I hold? There would have to be some symbol of faith. I could hold a simple jar containing scissors for sewing, brushes for art, a small tool of some sort like a ruler for the wood working, and a pen for writing would work. My flute or some staff paper could represent my love of music. Perhaps we could take the image while I sat in front of the piano.
  I am sure my daughter will have some ideas too.
  The reason this has come up is work has approached me to do some public speaking. A company has approached them looking for someone to share their mental health journey. They are a music marketing company but as their charitable work, they focus on mental health.  Work asked me because I was a visitor first then became staff.  They also asked me because apparently I am a good public speaker.
  It's an honor.
  I am not committed yet. I'm still waiting for some details, for them to call me direct to see what exactly they are looking for: the timeline and so forth. There needs to be some more information. I need to be sure there is enough time to prepare what I am going to say.
  It's funny. I can stand up and talk to a roomful of people with confidence but sitting in a crowded room causes me anxiety. It's gotta be God.
  "I taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by their arms; But they did not know that I healed them. I drew them with gentle cords, with bands of love, and I was to them as those who take the yoke from their neck. I stooped and fed them." Hos 11:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...