Sunday 20 September 2015

Tidy Up by Susan L.

  I spent a couple of hours in my rather creepy, cobwebby basement. Well, maybe it's not so creepy. There are plenty of windows and lights down there.
  There was a fair bit of sawdust clinging to the walls and floor (and webs) that the broom had missed on previous sweepings. (That's right, blame the broom!) My mom shared a trick my dad used: wet sawdust makes a great sweeping agent to keep the dust down. It made a huge difference. There's something, too, about cement floors. No matter how often you sweep, there is always dust.
  It probably wouldn't hurt to pull the dryer vent hose out and vacuum it. It's something I rarely think of but it can become a fire hazard if too much lint gets in there. I must also call the furnace guy and get him to come and give the furnace a tune up before winter rolls in.
  The camp kit is all put away. The tent has been hanging in the basement so the floor could dry completely before storing it. It's nice that it has an umbrella type framework so it doesn't need to be set up completely. I covered everything to help keep it clean should I decide to do a project that will make more sawdust.
  One of these days I'll get round to making a proper workshop with piping or hoses attached to the power tools. They will be connected to a shop vac. That should eliminate a lot of the dust that otherwise gets spewed into the air by wizzing blades.
  It's nice that it's now tidy down there. If only I could find a scrap metal guy willing to haul the old, out-of-service, cast iron wood stove up and out. It probably weighs a couple hundred pounds if not more. I've waltzed it around from place to place using a piece of two-by-four as a lever. It's time it was gone.
  Thank You, Lord, for the energy to do all this. Amen.
  "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Col 1:2
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...