Sunday 31 January 2016

Disconcerting To Say the Least by Susan L.

  There's been a new show released on TV and it has me concerned/sad and downright stunned that anyone would think it was a good idea. It's about the devil taking a break from hell and moving to Los Angeles. Whenever the ads for it come on, I quickly switch channels. I don't want his name being mentioned in my home.
  Years ago I had a cat named Lucifer, which is the show's name. He was pure black except for a flash of white on his chest. I named him after the evening star of the same name, not after the devil. At the time, I thought it amusing and clever. That was before I understood what evil truly is. That was before I realized saying the name opens gates and allows that evil entry into my home and life.
  Just as we can call on the name of Jesus for good, the reverse is true even if it isn't intentional.
  This fallen angel has one purpose: our destruction. He will go to any lengths to achieve it. His greatest weapon is temptation. He plays on our weaknesses, our desires, and our hearts. He uses anything and everything to stop us from having a relationship with Jesus.
  Anything that isn't love is his.
  Yet, anything that isn't love, God can use to draw us into a closer relationship with Him. God gets it. His Son experienced everything it means to be human yet remained sinless on His journey to the Cross. He carried the sins of the world to their death. In Him, sin can be slain and joy reclaimed.
  Which has me squirming.
  But then, I know what Grace is: that beautiful, wonderful moment when God says, "I forgive you." All we need to do is ask.
  Lord, thank You for Your love and Your grace, Your patience and determination. Forgive me for allowing sin into my life. Help me overcome the challenges You know I struggle with. Help me be better than I am. Protect me, Lord, from the sneaky ways of my adversary and his minions. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Eph 6:12-13
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...