Monday 11 January 2016

Magical by Susan L.

  Sunday's worship playing was the first time I was able to completely lose myself in the music. The melody, lyrics, and instruments all came together in a unity of purpose, in a unity of song to please God. It didn't matter at all that there was a congregation out front or that I was battling a bark that would put a sea lion to shame.
  I wasn't the only one with a cold. The illnesses didn't interfere because a Divine Hand silenced the snuffles and coughs so all of us could play and sing as the songs required. The power of prayer...It sure goes a long way.
  I was supposed to play next Sunday but begged off because of the cold. It's better to give the team leader a bit of notice rather than cancel last minute especially since she now has me filling in for the lead guitar. I am not happy about cancelling but it will give me a couple of weeks to get rid of this bug because the next Sunday was an off week as well.
  Lord? Speedy healing please, for all of us! Speedy healing for anyone battling illness in Jesus' Name! Amen.
  "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold form those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in You!" Ps 84:11-12
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...