Friday 22 January 2016

Noise by Susan L.

  My cough is on the run, praise God, but I am still feeling drained by it. It was Good Food Box Thursday so I had the late shift. Everyone came early so there was no need for me to stay open until six, much to my relief.
   After spending almost a week and a half at home with only Pumpkin for company, being at work was particularly draining. It's rather frightening how quickly I became unaccustomed to the normal sounds and busy-ness of being in town. Traffic, people talking, the radio playing, created a backdrop that caused me to become hyper vigilant even though none of these things was a direct threat to me personally. That's one of the challenges of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, a hair trigger to the fight/flight response.
   I love my job and the people I work with but I think this is a good warning for me. In order to maintain mental wellness, it is important not to remain isolated for any great length of time. Isolation isn't good for the soul.
  There may be times in the future when physical health means I have to stay home like I have. Spreading germs is not cool! What would I do to help remove some of the cocoon effect being at home creates?
  Something to think about anyways.
  "I (Jesus) have come as a light in to the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness." Jn 12:46
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...