Saturday 16 January 2016

Rumbly Grumbles by Susan L.

  It is difficult to stay home for such an extended period. I've only been out once since last Sunday's church service and that was to the walk-in clinic. It really drives home how crucial the centre is for my mental health and just how crucial having contact with others is.
  The jigsaw puzzle that's on the go is rather tedious. I've watched enough movies to keep me going for a long time. The knitting is a big project which is taking for-ever to finish. Grumble. Grumble.
  As my kids would sometimes whine, "Mom, I'm so bor-r-red!"
  Normally my response was to tell them to clean up their bedroom or find something else to do. It always worked. Not the room cleaning but they would find a way to amuse themselves.
  My bedroom needs cleaning. Grumble. Grumble.
  There was one long, rainy stretch when my much younger children were housebound. By the third day, they were starting to scrap with one another. It was the height of summer and warm outside so I told them to put on their raincoats and boots and go jump in some puddles. Excited grins filled their faces as they tore outside to make the biggest splashes they could. They were out there for hours having a great time.
  There's puddles of slushy snow on the driveway but probably a neighbour would call 911 if I was out there jumping in the sloppy stuff and barking like a Saint Bernard (from the cough, not at the moon. Not yet anyways.)
  It's too bad we outgrow such silliness. That is, when we think someone is watching.
  How come life gets so serious? Grumble. Grumble.
  Thank You, Lord, I have an opportunity to go out this afternoon for a couple of hours.
  "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" 1 Jn 5:4-5
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...