Sunday 24 January 2016

Think, Think, Think by Susan L.

  So says that wise and sage muse in the form of Winnie the Pooh as he taps his head with his paw. But that's as far as it appears it's going this morning. Like the bear, my head feels rather stuffed with cotton.
  I have been thinking about the trip to Nova Scotia next fall. It's rather unusual for me to be planning this far ahead but I'd like to figure out what to see then make it happen within the timeframe.
  After having lived so long in the vastness of Ontario it seems strange to discover that most of the wished for sights are only a couple of hours apart. Distances are miniscule compared to here where, if you are heading west, it takes nearly a full day's drive to reach Manitoba.
  So Halifax and the fort at Citadel Hill, Peggy's Cove with her iconic lighthouse, the Bay of Fundy with it's extreme tides, the Cabot Trail, and a boat trip to whale watch are listed so far. I also plan on checking out the house in Dartmouth where I spent time as a child. I remember my dad building it for us. It's still standing because I Google Earthed it.
  That seems like a pretty good place to start. I am not sure if time constraints will allow much else. These sights bypass the southern half of the province altogether which, if memory serves, is a beautiful drive of its own. I guess that means I'll have to go back again!
  God's will be done.
  "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Mat 6:34
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...