Wednesday 27 January 2016

Writing by Susan L.

  In a fit of joyous exuberance, I posted a link to yesterday's blog on Facebook. Horn tooting isn't something I do very often but yesterday's 1000th post was definitely something to celebrate! Later that evening, our worship team leader asked if I might be interested in doing some creative writing for the church services: short poems, skits and the like.
  I had stopped going to my writer's group after joining the team because it involved being committed to rehearsals and Sunday services. It was important that evenings out were balanced. Although, due to this nasty infection, my attendance there hasn't been great so far this year. Hopefully this new course of antibiotics will kick it out of my chest. I miss playing. (God's miracle!)
  Anyways, I agreed. As much as I enjoy writing, when it comes to the creative end of things it helps to have an idea prompt and a deadline that lights the fire under my nether regions. Already phrases are pouring out about "Virtue", one of the sermon topics coming up in the next couple of weeks.
  This all ties into having "God Sized Dreams", the concept that caused me so much grief over the last little while. As my friend, H, commented, our first calling is to have a relationship with God. Through the outpouring and embracing of His love, everything else will fall into place.
  So here's a different take on things. Being a mere mortal, I cannot have "God Sized" dreams but what I can do is embrace the dreams and plans God has for me even if I have no idea what they are. They are far greater than anything I could possibly imagine or hope for.
  In order to fulfill His dreams for me, all that is asked is that I heed His calling and do even if I don't think I can. It's an exercise in trust, especially when being stretched beyond what can be a life smothering "comfort zone". (Hmmm...I never thought about a comfort zone that way before. Thank You, Lord.)
  It's all about stepping out in faith and believing that whatever God has called me to do, He will provide the tools to make that happen. And if there is anxiety or fear or simply feeling unsure, I offer these things as sacrifice to Your Glory and lay them at the foot of the Cross.
  Your will be done. Amen!
  "But He said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."" Lk 18:27
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a great 1001th post. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and bless you for taking the time to comment. It means a lot to me.

      Delete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...