Sunday 28 February 2016

It Has Begun by Susan L.

  I sat down and did a bit of writing for my little books of comfort rather late last night. When a calling calls, it's hard not to answer. An introduction and a potential entry took form. It's really hard not to use the word, "you" but it's worth aiming for. As I wrote, the idea of doing an illustration for each entry arose. I've often said that if a picture paints a thousand words, a thousand words a picture paints. Putting both together based on a common theme really simplifies what I am trying to say and will help keep the words at a minimum. That will stop them from overwhelming anyone who reads them. If they become a prompt to ignite the imagination, the image may encourage that imagination even further.
  It's nothing new to have art as a tool to help us draw nearer to God. Long before literacy was as common as it is now, paintings of scriptures were all there was. Hmm, it might be neat to do some of the illustrations like a stained glass window seeing as they were also used to illuminate scriptures.
  A size really needs to be decided on. I think letting the writing get ahead of the art might not be a good idea. Doing them together, one at a time, will help stop me from being overwhelmed by the whole thing. Hence the need to make that choice.
  Maybe later today I'll take a look at some publishing companies online to see what is standard and therefore less expensive to publish. It would make it more attractive to a publishing company as well.
  A sermon a couple weeks ago about God sized dreams focused on the tearing down the walls of Jericho. It was accomplished by prayerfully walking circles around the ultimate goal of defeating the enemy.
  Thank You, Lord, for bringing this idea into my heart. Thank You that it will utilize all You have taught me; all You have gifted me with. Let it be a celebration of those gifts. Help me Lord, walk circles around this project. Remind me to pray against words of doubt. Grant me the stamina to see it through. Help me find the right words of encouragement. In Jesus' Name I pray.
  "By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were encircled for seven days." Heb 11:30

2 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged if the product moves no farther than your heart and home. I've started many a project, done the work and research, only to realize the project was really for me. God is such a Wonderful Teacher. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several large projects that never made it very far: poetry, stories, an oversized colouring book. The exciting thing is now there is a huge amount of material to utilize for this one.

      Delete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...