Wednesday 10 February 2016

Knitting by Susan L.

  Once again I am on a tangent. The sweater kit and pattern turned out to be easier than I thought even though it uses never used before stitch markers and round needles that are joined together at one end. After four false starts trying to get the right size of needle, figuring out what the pattern meant was simply a matter of knitting and seeing what the instructions revealed. For me trying to unravel the complex list of letters such as K60, M, K1, M, K...was a bit like deciphering secret code. Thankfully the pattern included translations: K=knit, M=marker. As I followed these minimalist instructions, what actually looked like a sweater began to emerge. Whew! The pattern repeated itself so it quickly became habit.
   Most of the time I don't have to fully concentrate on what I am doing unless doing a stitch count. I've gotten used to using the different type of needles. It was easier than expected although I am sure many a master knitter would roll their eyes at my technique. It's working so why worry. As the knitting needles click and the yarn is wrapped, hooked and linked through the other stitches, it's been a great opportunity for me to think about the thinks that seem to bubble up from nowhere.
  It's mostly been things I struggle with. Second guessing is my biggest challenge. When I write...is it right? When I speak...did I say the right thing? A decision made...is that what it should be? There's had to be some letting go and forgiving to beat down the often repeated lesson that I don't have a clue; that my eyes and mind are not to be trusted. It's an ongoing battle.
  There's been prayers asking for confidence. There's been prayers asking for more grace.
  I've pondered relationships even to the point of musing what it would be like if the Lord placed a man in my life. This goes against the often said prayers said asking not to have one if it would interfere with my relationship with my heavenly Father. Maybe it's because there's been some loneliness that has sort of moved in. Being under the weather for so long doesn't help.
  Lord, I trust in Your plan for my life. I trust that You have my best interests at heart; that Your desires for my life far exceed anything I could possibly imagine. You are the Master who knit me together in my mother's womb. For that, I thank You.
  "For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge and the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Col 2:1-3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...