Saturday 13 February 2016

Out of Steam by Susan L.

  It's been tough these last few mornings to think of something to write about. This morning has me distracted by the snow and bitter cold that rolled in last night. The driveway needs a shovel again only this time it will mean putting on snow pants and a heavier coat just to stay warm. Yuck. But thank You, Lord, that I have them and that I am up to the task.
  This could be called getting steam...I bought a warm mist humidifier for the house. It seemed like a good idea to help with this cough. The furnace dries out the air terribly. The machine has a little cup for adding inhalants that slowly evaporate into the mist. The smell of Vicks is an old familiar; comforting even if it doesn't do any real good as rumour reports. There was condensation on the windows this morning so it might be a good idea to run it on a lower setting. The combination has helped loosen my cough. Woohoo!
  When I was sick as a child, I remember my mom setting down a bowl of boiling water with a bit of waxy Vick's Vaporub floating in it. The water would be streaked with a rainbow as it melted. Using a towel draped over head and bowl, it created a mini-sauna for breathing in the steam. I always hated having to do it but realize now it wasn't because of the steam or the smell, it was being claustrophobic and hating anything over my head.
  Even my bangs falling over my face in the middle of the night wakes me up gasping. A mini-panic episode explodes as my half-asleep hand flails around trying to clear them away. I know I can breathe through hair! Someone ought to inform my subconscious. I'd really appreciate it.
  It leaves me wondering, as it always does, where the claustrophobia came from. If the Lord could lead me to the core memory that started this, it could be the beginning of being set free. I wouldn't be averse to a Divine healing either.
  Lord, I am listening. Please, free me of this. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
  "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope,. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning." Ps 130:5-6
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...