Thursday 3 March 2016

A Thankful Heart by Susan L.

  There are some things in life that should never be investigated. In a burst of curiosity, I roughly measured my driveway from side door to the edge of where the plow leaves Hump. Seventy-three feet. Add clearing the snow from in front of my mailbox...you get the idea. It took two and a half hours to dig out even though the driveway itself got narrower and narrower!
  Even though the Hump adds about five feet to the driveway, it's only to stop my mailbox from being wiped off the face of the earth by the plow's massive blades. Oh, plows are our friends because they make sure the roads are clear and safe in an amazingly short period of time.
  The snow itself was on average two feet deep. A mere flurry compared to other parts of this country who get way more snow than we do. I am so glad I live where I do!
 The sweet, smoky aroma of burning maple wood from my neighbour's fireplace filled the air . The sun was shining and the temperature mild. The fresh white blanket glistened. The chick-a-dees were singing their little hearts out. I paused often to catch my breath and take in the beauty of the day.
  I ended up having to work because other staff was snowed in. That meant shovelling the ramp and paths to the doors as well as our parking spot in the back. That tacked on another forty minutes of shovelling.
  So there's even more things to be thankful for. After being a coughing, hacking, weak, couch potato for the last two months, I was able to do all this hard, physical slogging. Sure, my muscles are a bit achy this morning but there were no injuries or strains. It felt really good to work the ole body. It gave me an amazing sleep last night!  
  There are apartments above the centre and one of the tenants had done some of the shovelling by the time I got to work. They finished off the parking spot by removing the snow bank between our spot and theirs. I confess I was pretty much done by that point.
  Lunch consisted of a meat lovers pizza loaded with salt, carbs and protein. I was so grateful to have  it because it was exactly what was needed.
  Yup, it was all truly a blessing.
  "I will love You, O Lord, my strength." Ps 18:1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...