Tuesday 8 March 2016

Bubbles Up by Susan L.

  There are some lingering effects of doing creative writing. I find myself thinking in rhythmic words as snatches of poetic phrasing continue to bubble up. There's nothing tangible or cohesive, it's simply there, like a song that gets stuck in the brain. There's a hunger building in me to write, an almost physical craving similar to the one that rises up at the thought of chocolate.
  I did make a couple of attempts to start the comfort books but there was something lacking. It was God, my Muse, the Author of all authors. His presence was missing as pride and self-reliance stepped up to take the project over. Well, He wasn't really missing, I wasn't listening. Forgive me, Lord.
  "Start Again."
  How I love those words!
  They don't signify failure. They represent grace and patience. They represent God's willingness to be with me until I get it right. Not necessarily the words, but the process, the humble approach, the prayerfully seeking His input are what matters.
  "Start Again" gets me laughing. Oops! Did it again. Tried to take control. I know that doesn't work but time after time it happens.
  The control thing is rather unpleasant anyways. It adds burdens of responsibility or should I say a toxic sense of duty. That comes with a whole whack of guilt and feelings of inadequacy. Doubt, fear, criticism and judgement tag along behind. Yuck. It's definitely a poisonous and paralysing  environment for creativity!
  So, here I am, Lord, forever grateful for Your gentle ways.
  "But rise and stand on your feet; for I (Jesus) have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you." Acts 26:16
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...