Friday 11 March 2016

Sneak Peek by Susan L.

  I doubt my granddaughter reads my blog so here's the finished story box. It contains a journal, white and coloured paper, markers, pencils, pencil crayons, glue and scissors. There's a little notebook of big ideas where I've pasted a variety of pictures cut from magazines or wrote some simple prompts to get the imagination flowing.
   The phrase on the lid the is same as her brother's box to keep all things equal.
Besides, what fires the imagination better than "Once Upon a Time"? It's the magical phrase of princes and princesses, dragons and strange lands. It's the place where rabbits talk and monsters are nice.
  There was one book I remember reading as a child. It was about a squirrel who lived in an ancient oak. Inside the tree was done up like a human house with leaded glass windows, winding staircases and tiny furniture. The squirrel wore an old fashioned dress, mop cap, and apron. The story line eludes my memory but bits and pieces of the images have stayed with me after all these years. It made me want to live in a squirrel home for the longest time. Too bad adult sensibilities have to move in!
  Who knows? Maybe one day my granddaughter or my grandson will pen a book that will touch a child all the days of their lives. Lord, bless their imaginations. Bless them with a gift of words and stories. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!
  "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Gen 1:1
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Susan you are the ultimate in grandmothers, artists and mentors! Your grandchildren are very blessed.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! And I am blessed by them!

      Delete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...