Saturday 16 April 2016

The Last of It by Susan L.

  Spring finally got here! It's going to be a lovely day and I am bursting to get outside to finish the last of the branch clean up. Burn, baby, burn! It has seemed to take forever but a couple hours here and there made a whole lot of difference. There's only a half dozen larger branches requiring a chain saw. They are piled to one side of the driveway for when that opportunity arises.
  There's a good sized stack of wood beside the shed for future bonfires when a summer's evening beckons.
  I can almost hear the crickets chirping and see the stars overhead. A gentle breeze plays with the sparks and swirls the smoke around.
  "White Rabbit! White Rabbit!" A charm that is supposed to push the smoke away. My thought is that somebody came up with that to distract you from the fact your eyes are burning from a snoot full of smoke. Or maybe by the time it's finished, the wind has changed direction anyways.
  I'll try not to think about the mosquitoes' piercing whine.
  It's funny, for someone who is rather averse to goal setting, future plans have a way of sneaking up anyways. Little things like the wood pile or putting gas in the car are an expression of faith that those things will be needed.
  I may not know what roads will be travelled but it appears there are to be some.
  "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake." Ps 23:1-3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...