Monday 23 May 2016

Day of Rest by Susan L.


    After finishing my blog yesterday, I headed outside with all the good intentions of spending some time working on the front flower bed. In true Sue fashion, this involved a lot of standing and simply looking, musing over what to do. After moving the only small sprig of bee balm that survived the deck reconfiguration, waves of exhaustion washed over me.
  So I sat down and remained sitting down for the rest of the day, baking the cough out of me in the sunshine. It was a perfect day for such exertions. The slight breeze kept it from being too hot and had the added bonus of keeping the mosquitoes away.
  I suppose it was a form of working...on my tan!
  So, here's the thing. After a good night's rest, I am still very weary although the cough seems to be loosening up. (Yay!) Even so, this infection must have a stronger hold than I thought or perhaps it's because I've kept pushing this ole body of mine beyond its limit.  
  It's telling me to STOP!
  It might be wise to listen and give myself another day, or even two, of rest. Or maybe it might be wise to rest for as long as it takes to get better. The work to be done isn`t going anywhere.
  Help me, Lord, set aside the tasks waiting to be done. Help me stop being such a driven task master when things are unfinished. Help me find grace and patience and rest. In Jesus` name I pray. Amen!
  ``Cease from anger and forsake wrath; do not fret--it only causes harm.`` Ps 37:8
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...