Thursday 12 May 2016

Overdone by Susan L.

  It took some over-the-counter pain killers for me to fall asleep last night. I've muscle aches where I didn't even know there were muscles! The tops of my feet? Really?
  Joints are creaky and stiff from all the bending, kneeling, reaching, stretching, lifting.
  My neck and ears are blushed with sunburn. So are my shoulders but they stayed covered yesterday because winter white skin already burned meant the sun stung something awful. A baseball cap saved my face and served double purpose in keeping my hair out of my eyes.
  The skin on my hands is rough. Knuckles are nicked and scratched. Snapped off fingernails mean a manicure is a distant dream.
  There are bruises on my arms and legs that I have no idea how they got there.
  But oh, the joy!
  The last bits of lattice work were installed and the last of the railing. The build is complete! All that's left to do is a second coat of stain and the landscaping. Putting in the garden ties got started yesterday as well but the ole body gave up. Shovelling dirt was asking too much so I had to stop.
  When I get home from work later today, I'll probably do the last coat of stain. The weekend is supposed to be rainy and while the weather is fair and everything is so dry it needs to be done.
  Stay tuned tomorrow for the before and after pictures.
  "There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; and one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches." Prov 13:7

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...