Wednesday 24 August 2016

A Little Bit of Gratitude by Susan L.

The pair of hummingbirds feasting on the Morning Glory blossoms.
The teenage mourning doves who seek safety and food in the garden.
Getting a load to the dump.
Mowing the lawn.
Being at peace.
Knowing when a decision is right.
Accepting who I am.
Knowing I don't have to change for anyone but Jesus who knows me far better than any living soul.
Letting go of expectations.
Living with expectancy.
Feeling the long, dry grass tickle my fingers as I walked past.
The fragrances of summer fading.
The first ripe tomato eaten while still warm from the afternoon sun.
Anticipating the next one.
Getting excited about the trip down east.
Spending time with my children and grandchildren.
Getting answers to prayers I didn't even know were being prayed.
Being provided for without even asking.
Being blessed.
Being well physically and mentally.
Being free.
"O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindess is better than life." Ps 63:1-3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...