Tuesday 23 August 2016

Divine Appointment by Susan L.

  The grass needed cutting, there was housework to be done, organizing stuff for a dump run meant yesterday was all laid out. It didn't happen. Instead, there was a deep need to go to the centre that over-rode my plans. I spent the time there working on a collage that felt more like I was waiting for something to happen and was merely keeping my hands busy.
  It did.
  The centre was unusually quiet. Mid afternoon, a woman came in who I'd never seen before. My co-worker was busy in the office with another visitor and even though I wasn't working, spoke to this new person. She had wandered in looking for a nearby art centre.
  In a matter of moments, our conversation became personal. She was in town visiting the daughter she'd been forced to give up for adoption back in the sixties. She'd been very young at the time and had no choice. They reconnected several years ago.
  I smiled and said to her, "There's a reason you came in here today."
  I don't believe in coincidences. I believe God brought her into my life to hear the "other side" of a story related to my own. One of the images I'd randomly cut out for the collage was a picture of a spoon with Alphabet Soup spelling out the words, "True Story". I don't believe in coincidences.
  For my part, sharing what I'd learned about the Primal Wound may help them, too.
  What's to be done? I don't know yet. It's a Triple T conundrum.
  Despite feeling rather teary this morning because of feeling so blessed by God. This conversation was an affirmation that I am right where I am supposed to be.
  The grass got cut, the edges trimmed followed by a shorter, faster than normal walk. I even ventured onto a new path that led off the longer trail before picking it up again. It was a cathedral of pines. The sweet aroma, the stillness, I found myself praying, seeking my Abba Father's guidance but most of all, giving thanks.
  There is so much I want to know about.
  I wondered if the air in heaven is scented then wondered if it smelt like the pines. I like to think it might be but without the underlying "earthiness" of composting needles. There's no death there.
  "For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing." 1 Thes 5:9-11
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...