Monday 26 September 2016

Into the Swing by Susan L.

  The weekend was a whirlwind of activity. A lot was accomplished but it feels like there is still much to do. Maybe it's because there is! I baulk at it. The mundane, boring stuff seems even more mundane and boring since coming back from Nova Scotia. The lawn got mowed but the gardens are waiting to be dead headed. The Black-eyed Susan's are looking rather forlorn as are a number of other perennials. No, it's not that it's boring, it's a bit overwhelming.
  My elderly uncle is going through some health issues so I am helping him clean out the house in case he needs to move into somewhere with daily care. He's already done a lot of purging but there's lots of little things he didn't know what to do with so my car is full. There's a couple of things I'd like to keep so this means going through my own stuff and getting rid of what isn't needed to make some room.
  It was hard clearing the walls at his place. Most of the pictures and trinkets had been gathered by my beloved aunt who has been gone for several years. I guess it must be extra hard on my uncle, too, to need to think about giving up the home he's lived in for a long time. Facing the loss of his independence must be tough as well. Even though he's in his nineties, he's still sharp as a whip.
  Because of this, and I am not sure how much help he will need over the next little while, I decided to forgo playing the piano for worship team. It involves learning a whole lot and needing time to practice. The idea already causes enough anxiety. To be unprepared would only compound the challenges. To be honest, I don't know if I will ever play. It took a long time for me to play the flute and sing without having to fight off an imminent panic attack. They didn't always happen but their presence was just beneath the surface. Only time will tell. I'll trust in the Lord to let me know when and if I am to take on this new role.
  I am glad Art Therapy starts on Thursday. Between the trip down east and what's going on here I need a place and space to process the emotions simmering behind the scenes. I know there's grief in there and grief can be complicated. I am thankful the Lord has balanced this with many joyful memories. That, too, may find itself expressed in the art. Lord, I'll trust in You to guide the art. Let it be a prayer to You. Help me hear Your take on things. In Jesus' name I pray.
  "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him." 1 Jn 3:1
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...