Monday 10 October 2016

Art Triple T by Susan L.

  There is an idea growing regarding the art. It is related to that rather vague idea about the possibility of perhaps at some future date thinking about actually selling my art that I blogged about earlier this week. (Talk about dancing around commitment!)
  I am rather wary about thinking about everything it would take to reach that goal. It could get overwhelming rather quickly. Yes, vague as it is, it is a goal. Shhhh! It's a secret! Don't tell anyone I've actually set a goal! Or at least, I am willing to embrace the possibilities. It's a first step.
  First of all, there's the how. How do I market my stuff? How do I produce enough stuff to market in the first place? Perhaps this Inktober challenge is a good way to learn how to dedicate a few hours of each day to art. There are other prompt lists available on line. Maybe come November, I could utilize them to keep up the routine.
  When I started writing this blog, it quickly became part of the fabric of each day. There really isn't any reason why art can't be the same.
  What is stopping me? I think that's more of the question. This is bogeyman territory (one of the anxiety monsters who made itself known last Thursday in art therapy).
  "It's not good enough! How conceited..." it whispers. Hmmm. Now why do I think selling my art is arrogance? Maybe it's because even sharing the pieces I've done online has left me squirming and feeling guilty that I'd toot my own horn to such a degree.
  So, why am I even sharing them in the first place? It's part of the requirements of the challenge. I'd hoped for it to be an opportunity to share my faith.
  Because it's good.  Far from perfect but good nonetheless. The essence of the mood or idea comes through loud and clear. Because I want to share the joy creating art brings into my life. I want to inspire and encourage others. Because this is a gift meant for sharing.
  Why, then, do I choke at the idea of having someone pay me for something that touches their life?
  I remember in grade two or three having to do a drawing using only straight lines. I had drawn a horse using a ruler. The tail was a series of straight lines that formed the curvy hair. The teacher held it up for everyone to see as an example of excellence. I squirmed uncomfortably in my seat, ashamed and embarrassed.
  This particular bogeyman has been with me a long time.
  I thank You, Lord, for helping me realize this is symptomatic of a much larger issue. Help me find my way into truth and life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!
  "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints." Eph 1:17-18
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...