Thursday 6 October 2016

Pity Party by Susan L.

  Pity parties always come with whine and cheese. So here goes. I am sick again. (Waaah!) Full of a cold that has taken over my head, chest, and patience. (Sniff. Pout.) I am beginning to wonder if it isn't something environmental. Should I get the air quality tested in the house? Could there be mould hidden somewhere that is causing so many respiratory issues?
  That's a scary thought. It's just as scary facing the idea I'll have another winter of ill health like last season. Lord, help me not be so sick!!
  Perhaps purchasing an air filter system might be a good idea. I'd already thought about buying one of the Himalayan salt lamps which cleanse the air of impurities. It's only a matter of finding one because I noticed a huge difference breathing the salt air of Nova Scotia.
  This is so frustrating!! (Snivel.) I have been eating better although the exercise fell by the wayside. I was too tired most days. I guess the body was trying to fight off this latest interloper. (Boo-hoo!)
  Meanwhile, I am going to try and do things a bit differently by taking double doses of vitamin C.
  A peppercorn a day swallowed like a pill apparently boots the immune system. My step dad is a copious pepper eater and rarely gets a cold. My co-worker is the same. I don't like pepper so simply swallowing a peppercorn works for me. That's one of the easier home remedies I've heard about. (Maybe I ought to cheer for that. Okay. Woohoo!)
  I think I should double up the multi-vitamin as well for a bit.
  I will pray for a healing miracle too!
  Oh well. It is what it is. Thanks for listening to me rant.
  A dose of cough medicine and I'll be as right as rain.
  "And those who heard it said, "Who then can be saved?" But He said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."" Lk 18:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...