Sunday 9 October 2016

Thanksgiving by Susan L.

  The leaves are dressing in their autumn glory. The nights grow cooler. The days shorter. The last of the tomatoes beside the house are ready.
  The sunflower in the front yard has been picked clean by the various songbirds who think sunflower seeds are fine dining. It has produced over eighty red and yellow blooms providing plenty to eat and plenty to share. I managed to cut off one bloom with half the small, black seeds remaining so they can be planted next year for my feathered friends.
  It hasn't been the greatest year as far as health is concerned but I'll give thanks anyways that this cold will be the only illness I suffer this coming winter! I got the only cough medicine I can take on sale!
  I'll give thanks for my tiny kitchen even though it made cooking an eight kilo turkey extremely challenging yesterday. It pretty much took up all the counter space but it got done. The stuffing and gravy was made, bones roasted as well as some vegies for the pot of stock that sits in the fridge. My house still smells scrumptious! All that remains is to heat everything up at my mom's for a family gathering today. Except the soup. That's mine. Best cure for a cold!
  I'll give thanks that no one will catch it from me.
  This post could go on forever. There's so much to be thankful for: where I live and work, the gifts, God's provision, family, quiet times and busy days, Pumpkin, solitude and company, fresh air, clean water, as well as all the things Jesus brings into my life. Things like forgiveness, redemption, healing, restoration, and grace. Most of all He gives me a heart of gratitude so that no matter how tough things are, I can always find something to be thankful for.
  "Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God." 2 Cor 9:10-11
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...