Tuesday 11 October 2016

Turkey Soup for the Soul by Susan L.

  I could have crawled into the massive vat of turkey soup that was simmered to perfection yesterday. Chock full of meat and roasted veggies it sure tasted good. A bowl was even heated up for my bedtime snack. Seeing as I am not overly fond of soup, it's a sure fire sign of just how ill I am.
  I was able to get caught up on the InkTober challenges because it's easy to put the TV on for company, plunk myself down on the couch and draw away between snivelling sneezes and sea lion barks.
  It's a beautiful, sunlit morning. Looking out the kitchen window, there's what appears to be a juvenile Goldfinch having itself a delicious sunflower seed breakfast. I had no idea they could eat so much! My identification might be wrong because there's quite a few small songbirds in the area who have yellow in their plumage. Goldfinches also travel in flocks. This little one is on its own. It's a delightful sight because between nibbles, there's a unhurried moments spent basking in the morning sun, its feathers puffed out against the autumn chill.
  (Several minutes later after hauling out the camera and snapping some pictures.)
  Nope, I got the bird's ID right. A pair of Goldfinches joined the first who is definitely juvenile because its tail is still a wee bit short.
  Lord, I feel so blessed by this delightful sight. Thank You. It raised my spirits just like the turkey soup did. Gotta love the simple pleasures.
  Maybe Noah is meant to be an example of how we are to care for God's creatures. Today's InkTober challenge was transport but it fits today's post as well.
  There are no coincidences.
  I definitely have to plant more sunflowers in the garden next year and perhaps some milkweed for the Monarch butterflies that are struggling due to loss of habitat. Lord, let my garden be an ark. Help me plant it accordingly so the wild things may come in Jesus' name I pray.
  "Then God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the animals that were with him in the ark. And God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters subsided." Gen 8:1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...