Tuesday 29 November 2016

First Day of Advent: Hope by Susan L.

  The following was read at church last Sunday in celebration of Advent. It is being shared on my church's website as well. www.faithcommunity.ca


The lighthouse perched on world’s end: a constant guide to safe harbours and protection from unforgiving shores.
A window streaming golden light when sunshine rays have vanished:
“I am waiting for you”, it says.
“Welcome home.”
A candle flickering, keeping storm born shadows at bay.
A star of stars in the midnight depths of heaven.
A quest of kings and shepherds.
A Hope beyond all hope waiting to be found.
A Babe born.
The Light of the world. The Saviour. The King of kings.
Lord, You are my Light in the darkness. You are my Guide through the shadows and the storms of this mortal life.
You are my Refuge, my Hope in troubles and in trials.
Let the Light of Hope burn fiercely within me. Let me be Your candle in the night. Help me be a hope bearer for those who have none, who do not know You, who are lost. Help me share the Hope of Christmas that is with me each and every moment of every day I breathe.
Amen.  
 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Jn 3:16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...