Thursday 3 November 2016

Pudding by Susan L.

   That's how my brain feels this morning. Emotions. Thoughts. Memories. Ideas. All swirling around like a pudding in a blender.
  Sigh.
  I am almost afraid to put one idea down on paper because it seems that when I do that, it fades into the mist. So, Lord, I lift it up to You, that you will keep me inspired. That You will help me see how to go about what could easily overwhelm me into doing nothing.
  Here it is. I've been thinking about writing a book. It isn't the first time I've been inspired to tackle a big project but this time it feels different. Maybe because I am passionate about it. Maybe because it's something I've experienced that has set me free on so many levels.
  "The Art of Prayer".
  I want to open the door for others to explore art as a way of praying. I want to share how art helps a person be still and in the moment. I want to offer an opportunity to learn how to hear that Still, Small Voice. I want to break the chains of shame many people feel regarding creativity. I want to help people explore the full body, full mind expression of self laid down visually before the great Creator. 
  It won't be a "how to draw" book. That isn't the point. Stick people can speak volumes. They are on signs everywhere. Their messages are instantly recognizable. (I'll have to remember that the next time someone tells me they can only draw stick people!)
  The Inktober challenge did a lot for me. It built confidence. It built up my faith. Most of all, it made me realize just how incredibly powerful faith based imagery can be. This isn't a new idea. Churches were the original sponsors of artists. In an illiterate world, images were used to tell stories, to help people connect to Jesus.
  This book won't be an art history course either.
  If I can find a couple of hours a day to do a drawing challenge for a month, help me, Lord, discipline myself to spend those same hours in this challenge.
  Hmmm. That's an interesting way to look at it as opposed to being a "goal". I am a fighter. Challenges get my passion going.
  Your will be done, my Lord.
  "For in this the saying is true: One sows and another reaps." Jn 4:37

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 1

    "Keep on seeking, and you will find." Mathew 7:7     I am still dealing with the fallout of Friday's panic attack. The wor...