Tuesday 27 December 2016

Coming Home by Susan L.

  This test of not blogging any more has ended up being an unhealthy exercise. I find myself drifting through the day feeling at a loss without having grounded each morning in time spent with the Lord.  
  This is not a good thing.
  My anxiety has increased and I'm left rather out of sorts, frazzled and adrift. Toss in cranky as well. It's difficult to organize and prioritize the day without spending this crucial hour in prayer. There's room for unwanted thoughts to make themselves known. There's room for unwanted behaviours, like obsessive Solitaire playing while I wait to go to work, (forgive me Lord) that have taken the place of connecting with my Maker.
  I lack the discipline to pull out my Bible each morning like the plan had been. There always seems to be a distraction or something else that needs to be done. The "honey do's" have a way of invading and taking over. Funny, that.
  Doing the blog works. Reading God's Word doesn't. Forgive me, my Lord, for being so easily led away from You. Doing the blog by having the discipline to sit down each morning and write is easy for me because it doesn't feel like an onerous task. It isn't a chore. It's a blessing in my life and a celebration of God's gifts. More importantly, it's a celebration of His presence in my life.
  It's also something I look forward to. Seeing what scripture the Lord will lead me to each morning is a high point in my day. So it should be. Excited anticipation is a far better way to begin a day instead of chasing squirrels.
  So I am back, feeling content and happy that this is where I need to be, that this is what I need to do.
  Peace is a wonderful thing. I look forward to the next leg of this journey. Lord, I surrender it to You, to Your plans, to Your dreams for my life because they far exceed anything I could possibly imagine.
  "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." Mk 11:29
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...