Friday 24 February 2017

Taking a Break by Susan L.

  I am looking forward to spending some quality time with my son and grandchildren so there won't be any posts for the next few days. It's a much needed break from all the soul searching!
  Two nights ago, at 1:20 in the morning, there was a large, metallic crash. A terrified, primeval, scream erupted from deep within before I was even fully awake. The noise had been in the bedroom! Scared out of my wits, it didn't take long to realize there was no one there. Still shaky, I got up to get a glass of water and to investigate what had made the noise.
  A small duffle bag kept on the closet shelf had, for some unknown reason, fallen. It had been the metal pieces of the shoulder strap hitting the floor that had wakened me.
  Relieved, I went back to bed but it took a long time to fall asleep again.
  I was rather reluctant to go to sleep last night. The cumulative effects of nightmares and this fright makes being asleep not exactly feeling safe. My midnight, terror filled voice still haunted me.
  Sigh.
  It's a good thing there's an opportunity to have a break.
  "When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice." Ps 63:6-7
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...