Saturday 15 April 2017

Another Idea by Susan L.

  The bogus duct cleaning guys called again this morning. Previous research into the company name and the phone number they provided proved that neither existed. Sigh. But I just had a brilliant idea. Set up an appointment. (Unless they want my credit card number first. I haven't stayed on the line long enough to find out.) The second part of brilliance was to have the cops here when they show up. It quickly fizzled under the reality this probably doesn't happen. It's a credit card number they are after. Don't give it to them!!!
  Okay, I am not so brilliant after all. I have to wonder if the police get the same calls on their non-emergency line.
  The supervisor hung up on me when I mentioned the complaint I'd made against them with the Do Not Call Registry. Suspicions proved.
  Our church had a teaching on anger last week. I confess I wasn't anger-less when I heard the heavily accented "Alex" on the line this morning. He's called so often, I recognize his voice. Hakim's, too. Another of the callers. I was left with shaking rage, frustration, and out and out P'd off. Part of it is feeling violated by their constant and intrusive calls. I am even angrier because their "business" must be a successful scam that preys on the unwary otherwise they wouldn't keep calling. Don't give out your credit card info to anyone who calls your home!!
  So how does this all tie in with today's affirmation? "I have authority over the devil." Luke 9:1
  Authority is all about choice. By choosing not to share any personal info, this underhanded fraud will not be fruitful. Not judging the people who come up with any type of scam is a bit of a challenge.
  What would Jesus do?
  He'd toss their money counting tables to the floor then invite the "tax" collectors to come and follow Him.
  I did some table tossing this morning but failed on the second part. Is it failure when I realize something can be done a better way next time?
  Which takes me back to a few posts ago when I had decided to share the love of Jesus with anyone who calls. Well, my wayward human nature, aka, sin, aka, the devil's work, ground that grand ideal to a screeching halt. There's a whack of reason's, anger being one of them. The other was not being sure about what to say or how to say it.
  Alex and Hakim, I am sorry I didn't share the best news in the universe with you. I am sorry for losing my temper. Your story is totally unknown to me. Why you are part of this scam is also unknown. I pray your hearts and eyes will be opened to God's truth about how much He loves you.
  Lord, I am sorry for not trusting in You to provide the right words. Forgive me for allowing the devil's lies to force me off a righteous path. I forgive those who taught me to censor my words by fear of giving offense. I surrender them to the discernment and discretion of the Holy Spirit.
  And there it is. Prayer is the epitome of authority. Evil cringes and cowers with each holy word of blessing, repentance, forgiveness and hope.
  "Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick." Lk 9:1-2
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...