Friday 14 April 2017

Good Friday by Susan L.

  The last nineteen posts have been all about what a relationship with Jesus gives me so it seems appropriate to investigate why I am being so blessed.
  It's one of the holy days in the Christian calendar, honouring His willing sacrifice on the Cross. This act defeated the devil and forever sealed the New Covenant rich in love and promise. Today is all about Him.
  Why did He do it?
  It's not like humanity had anything to offer Him except suspicion, doubt, and in the end, utter hatred and rejection. It's not like I had anything to offer Him when He chose me...
  Oh...Yes I did... Gratitude...a to-the-moon-and-back mountain of gratitude.
 
  After reviewing the list already blogged about, adding some capitol letters, by turning nouns into verbs, the affirmations reflect the nature of Jesus because He is the source of all things good in this ole world.
  Jesus says, "I am Ability. I am Grace. I am Hope. I am Abundance. I am Acceptance. I am Access. I am Adequate. I am Adoption. I am Alive. I am an Ambassador. I am Anointed. I am the Provider. I am Appointed. I am Reward and Success."

  He is more than I could possibly imagine.

  So why did He lay His life down?

  Because His Father loves us.

  Because Christ chose to be the final sacrifice for all God's children so we can be reconciled with our heavenly Father.
  That's every single living, breathing human being on the planet who has ever lived or will live. Thieves and murderers, atheists, believers, men, women, transgendered, homosexuals, orphans, moms and dads, young and old, black and white and every colour in between...all are welcomed. All are wanted by a Love that comes with no conditions.

 The Cross shredded the to-do list.

  Glory be to God!
  "Blessing and honour and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!" Rev.5:13

 

 

 

1 comment:

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...