Wednesday 5 April 2017

I Am Anointed 1 John 2:20 by Susan L.

  The verse where this affirmation is found required reading before I could understand what it meant and in what context it is placed. My understanding is that the anointing is in the form of the Holy Spirit so that followers of Jesus will know good from evil.
  I dusted off and double checked this with my King James reference Bible to make sure this was right. It is. It makes me laugh, being so old school. Probably this info is online somewhere.
  What does being anointed by the Spirit mean?
  It's more than simply knowing good from evil. There's a section in this particular Bible all about Him, the Holy Spirit.
  Again I give thanks for dedicated Bible scholars. Dakes, who assemble this one, spent eighty years compiling all the word and verse cross references as well as list upon list of items like the character of the Spirit. There's a ninety-six scriptural references that point to and define who He is. I'll try and combine some of them.
  It's not infallible. It is an older work so somewhere I read that the world was going to end in the year 2000. Thank You, Lord for the gift of the Spirit that enables me to discern truth. Thank You that the world didn't end! Thank You for once again reminding me that none of us have all the answers.
  The Spirit or Ghost, is part of the eternal, Holy trinity of Father, Son and Himself. He is a gift through Jesus Christ. He is the source of learning, discernment, healing, and authority. He dwells within our hearts and minds the moment we embrace Jesus as Lord. He fills us with power, grace and guides our prayers. He is a leader and an encourager.
  He is our eternal companion yet we can shut Him down, ignoring His Still Small Voice of wisdom, encouragement or direction. Yet, He also helps us obey truth so even if we wander astray. He is there to put us back on a path of righteousness. Forgive me, Father, for ignoring the leading of Your heart. Forgive me for doubting what I knew was right.
  Again, this affirmation could become a book. A couple of hours blogging only scratches the surface of the untold wealth being a follower of Jesus grants us. I know one really Good Book that can help unravel the not-so-hidden mysteries abounding in a life of faith.
  There is one thing I am absolutely positively thankful for: I have been anointed with a Helper who guides me every step of the way.
  "But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God." 1 Cor 2:9-10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...