Wednesday 26 April 2017

I am Blameless 1 Cor 1:8 by Susan L.

 "It's not my fault. I can't help myself. The devil made me do it."
 "They make me so frustrated!"
 "Why does so-and-so make my life so difficult? If only they would change, things would be much better."
  "If God were a loving God this wouldn't have happened!"

  Blame is all about looking for ways to justify and hold on to toxic emotions.
  Blame grants permission for hurtful actions and poor choices.
  Blame is a way of validating those behaviours and choices.
  Blame gives the gossip fodder.
  Blame gives the abandoned and the wounded the right to hold onto anger and bitterness.
  Blame erases the need for responsibility, accountability and self-determination.
  Blame is the dark throne of judgement.

  Blaming is far easier than looking in the mirror.

  Whew. That came down pretty hard, didn't it? Yet, by identifying the darkness, the Light begins to shine into the deepest corners.
  I am grieved that all of these attitudes have been a part of my life at one time or another. Thank You, Lord, for Your gentle convictions that are helping me be better than I am. Thank You for encouraging me to purge what is unacceptable in Your sight from my heart and soul.
  It's only been through His tender tutelage and care that I have been able to stop thinking of myself as a victim. Yet, as part of the healing process, I had to be one for a while. It helped me come out from under the suffocating blanket of being blamed for the hurtful choices others had made. I was burdened by false responsibility. By being a victim, I was able to break down what was mine to own and what needed to be given away.
  The ability to forgive and be forgiven has happened one layer at a time.
  Making a conscious choice to forgive is like launching a bomb that blows blame to smithereens.
  Grace then has a place to build her garden: the ravaged, upturned grounds where blame once grew.
  "I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you by Christ Jesus, that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Cor 1:4-9

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...