Tuesday 4 April 2017

Number 11 by Susan L.

  "I am an ambassador for Christ." 2 Corinthians 5:20
   Sorry for repeating myself, FB friends, but it ties in.
  Telephone solicitors are the bane of North American society. They usually call at supper time. There's one company that keeps trying to clean my furnace ducts. I've asked them to delete my number from their call list five times to no avail.
  When a call came at five I began sharing with the caller about workers rights. She hung up.
  They called again shortly before nine. This time, I decided to go one better. I began sharing about Jesus. He hung up once he realized there was no way I was going to give him any information about my home and because I was so persistent in sharing who Jesus was.
  It will be interesting to see if they call tonight.
  At least it's good practice and hey, they called me!
  But it does fall short of what an ambassador is even though I planted a seed.
  My life has many different types of people. There are believers, non-believers, people of different faiths and different backgrounds. I make no apologies for being a follower of Christ and am candid about my faith for the most part. Thank You, Lord, for the gift of discernment about how much and when to share.
  I know one thing for sure. They are watching me. They have seen the incredible healing the Lord has brought into my life. They have witnessed growing freedom.
  I truly try not to judge others while at the same time practice laughing at myself when my humanity slips. It's okay not to be perfect. No one is and I believe that's the biggest lesson any of God's children can share.
  Actions of grace and compassion speak louder than words.
  It's my choice to uphold a standard of honour, dignity, decency, honesty, love, kindness and respect for others. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes not so much. Mastering my tongue is a work in progress.
  I heard a joke somewhere recently that isn't funny at all but still worth sharing.
  On a busy highway, a man accidently cut another car off. The woman behind the wheel started screaming at him, flashing her lights and using impolite hand gestures. She roared up beside him, rolled down her passenger window and continued verbally abusing him for his error.
  With a chirp of sirens and a flash of red lights, the cop behind her pulled her over.
  Furious, she asked the cop why after handing over her license and registration.
  "I saw the Jesus fish and the reflective cross stuck on the back of your car. I thought the car might be stolen after seeing how you were behaving behind the wheel."
  I think that says it all.
  We are ambassadors of Jesus, His holy representatives. Everywhere. Every when.
  "For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Cor 4:6
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...