Tuesday 2 May 2017

Affirmation #33 by Susan L.

  "I am born of God." 1 John 5:18
  So what makes us, us?
  I had DNA testing done to learn another piece of my identity because as a child of adoption, it was a huge question mark. The company I chose continues to send me updates when a new match is found. My relatives, mostly second to fifth cousins, now number near 2000. It's staggering when I think about it. That's a small town!
  Before doing this, I felt adrift and alone. Disconnected because "where my family came from" is a huge topic of conversation.
  It would appear, from the raging success of all the DNA testing companies, I am not alone in feeling this way.
  Even Jesus knew His bloodline.
  It's only a small piece of the truths I've learned over the years. By working through the traumas and letting go of the lies the devil used to keep me from fulfilling my destiny in Christ, freedom is finally mine. I think that's why I am so happy now. The worst is over, finished, done.
  This healing path, with the Lord as my guide, has led me back to the moment of my conception. That shining, brilliant moment when God breathed life into the two tiny cells that began my formation.
  The moment was one He had precisely chosen. He knew the path that lay ahead. He knew what it would take to break my stubborn determination to "go it alone". He knew the generous gift of stubborn determination would eventually have me landing on His doorstep. He lovingly erased the stubbornness from the determination to know more about Him. Determination became a hunger for truth.
  There's something unbelievably wonderful ahead. I don't know what or how or where or even what it might look like. I am still learning to live as a "new woman" which, by the way, isn't really new because every aspect of identity was planned before the dawn of time. It's only new to me.
  I am, all of us are, born of God after all.
  "Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Mat 7:7
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...