Sunday 28 May 2017

Heaven's Own by Susan L.

  Today's affirmation is, "I am a citizen of heaven." Philippians 3:20
  I am...not I will be.
  So that means now. Not tomorrow or after the Lord takes me home. Now.
 
  (A long pause.)

  There's no dress code. No secret language of social status. No prejudices. No class entitlements.
  Come as you are and be welcomed.

  It's not complicated. There's no red tape. No forms to sign. No dotted i's or crossed t's. No court appearances. There's no judge deciding who is worthy or unworthy to receive this honour because it's meant for everyone. 

  I have done nothing to deserve this honour. I have done nothing to earn it. I have not paid for the privilege.
  It's a gift. It's the happily-ever-after promise held in trust long before the Lord was invited into my life and heart.

  "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself. Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved." Phil 3:20-21


  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...