Wednesday 3 May 2017

I am Born Again, 1 Peter 1:23 by Susan L.

 There's a lot of "re" words in a walk with the Lord: re-birth, re-deemed, re-newed, and re-stored to list a couple of them.
  So what does the prefix, "re", mean? Google identifies it as meaning "again and again". 
  All of us began in the womb of God. Formed. Chosen. Beloved.
  In embracing Jesus as Lord, He opened the gateway so I am able to return to God's womb. It's a place of safety and incredible growth. Womb moments are ones of quiet dialog and private conversations. These equip me with the ability to live better, but more importantly, to love better. It's where joy begins and overflows. It's where grace resides. It's where the forever changes happen.
  And I am reborn into new truth and new life and new hopes every single time I make the choice to go back to the Womb. I guess that's what being re-newed is about after all.
  To deem is to judge. For example, "I deem Brussels sprouts as inedible."  :)  From my standpoint, they are. Others happen to like them very much. Why? I have no idea.
   Deem and doom are only a couple of vowels apart. To be re-deemed is to shake off the ugliness of doom. It means we have the ability to let go of anything that is not of God. Oh! That's rebirth in action!
  Wanting to? Sometimes that's the challenge. Hurts have a way of trying to take up permanent residence. Guess who's idea that is... here's a clue...it's not God.
  It boils down to choice, the greatest of our God-given freedoms.
  Do I want to be healed of the influence sin has on my life? You bet! Do I want to rid my soul of darkness? Absolutely! Do I want to be the woman God intended me to be? More than anything in this world.
  Because Jesus paid the price of reconciliation for all of us.
  The best "re" word of all is, "Rejoice!" I give thanks again and again and again for what has happened, what is happening but most of all, for the wonderful things that can happen in this walk with my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
  "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy." 1 Peter 2:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...