Monday 5 June 2017

I am a Co-heir with Christ Romans 8:17 by Susan L.

  Yesterday was a special day. My son and his wife dedicated their baby girl to Jesus. It was wonderful to witness and was a perfect opportunity to link arms with her other Nana and my mom,  her Great-gramma, to pray a grandmother's blessing over this little, laughing bundle of joy.
  They attend The Meeting House in Oakville. It's the same church my own church follows, albeit our streamed teaching is a week behind. Our small church is in the process of leaving our non-denominational calling behind to become full-fledged members of the Be (formerly Brethren) in Christ family alongside The Meeting House.
  I also purchased a new Bible. (Thank You, Lord, for the freedom to do so.) It's called the Jesus Centred Bible and has easier language to follow than my New King James version. I'll probably use both going forward but will add the honorific capitals when Jesus is referred to as Him or He simply because I feel it is right to do so. I am still a bit old fashioned that way. (Perhaps I need to examine further why they have been dropped from modern Bibles and teachings. Not today, though.)
  Yesterday's teaching was a week early for me but it was a lesson I needed to hear in light of my last post.
  "For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to Scriptures." (NKJ) 1 Cor 15:3-4
  Today's verse is "For His Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God's children. And since we are His children, we are His heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs to God's glory. But if we are to share His glory, we must also share His suffering. Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will reveal to us later." (JCB) Rom 8:16-18
  How does all this fit together, my Lord?
  Generations. Inheritance. Family. Community. Connectedness. All of these give strength...to overcome, to persevere, to let go and let grow new understandings, new truths and to embrace the full knowledge of just how much God loves His children.
  My own love for all my children and grandchildren is a fraction of His love for me, for us. I love them so much that at times, it hurts.
  Nothing will separate us from the love of God because, "Be encouraged! Your sins are forgiven!" Mat 9:2
  As an aside, part of the teaching included The Gospel in Chairs. It was a powerful visual representation of our relationship with God. It's in The Meeting House's teachings under (re)union, week 4, Separation Solution.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...