Monday 12 June 2017

Philippians 1:6 by Susan L.

  Affirmation #61 "I am confident He will finish me."
  "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." NKJ
  The Jesus Centred Bible reads, "will continue His (good) work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
  I think there's a possibility that this could also mean until the day our Lord takes us home. We'll meet Him then, too. Or does completion continue after life as well? Food for thought.
  Although I've also pondered and found comfort in the idea that some hurts in my life might not be healed until the day the Lord takes me home. Then He will finally "wipe away every tear" Rev 21:4. (Those wounds I surrender to His will because I am more than willing to be healed this side of Heaven.)
  This is such an inspiring verse for me. It has also affirmed what I wrote about the other day, that from moment to moment we are completed until the next set of completions begins.
  G(o)od in action. It's a work that is even more important than the creation of a universe full of good things.
  Humans have tried to create a mini-earth: an enclosed, self-sustaining, environment. With little success. Microscopic bacteria poisoned the air of one such experiment and nearly killed the people inside.
  Our Lord was meticulous in His design, in all the elements, the creatures, the plants, the air we breathe. Even the weather and ocean currents that vitalize this planet were part of His plan. From atoms to the sun, He set in place a careful balance necessary for life to thrive.
  From Adam to the Son, He set in place the careful balance necessary for us to thrive, to rise above the dark forces of this world. But only if we let Him help us to live according to the promises He has given us. His plan for us is beyond good.
  Christ's work on the Cross means I, we, don't have to wait to die to meet Him. He is Jehovah, God with us. Always.
  "And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and discernment." Phil 1:9

  Beloved, be loved. If you don't know Jesus as Lord, I once again invite you to invite Him into your life. He has been waiting especially for you for a long, long time.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...