Friday 14 July 2017

Affirmation #85 by Susan L.

  I am enriched in everything. 1 Corinthians 1:4-5
  "I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge." NKJ
  "I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus. Through him, God has enriched your church in every way--with all of your eloquent words and all of your knowledge." JCB

  There's something about belonging that makes life extra special. It helps so much when we are filled with be-longing, when we want to find a special place where we can be ourselves.
  When we find it, it's like finally coming home.

  If I lived in a house with Jesus, what would it look like?
  There'd be no such thing as cat hair for sure! :)

  I imagine it on the top of a high mountain with a view that stretches for a gazillion miles. The land is a patchwork of colours, harvest colours, that would be there every single day forever because it's a land of plenty. It would be misty in the distance where sky meets land, blurring the boundaries between the patchwork pieces.
  There's a balcony where Jesus and I stand together to watch the great flocks of birds soaring far below, weaving around the clouds beneath us. It's not a hunting type of flying or because they need to escape a predator. The birds fly for the sheer joy of being birds. They perform acrobatic swirls of gratitude and worship for their Creator.
  Sometimes we share a meal out there. Good foods with colours and textures never seen on earth come from the fields and orchards below. There's a platter that is never empty but the simple foods never spoil. We don't eat because we have to. We taste and sample because it's an opportunity to celebrate the eternal harvest.
  There's only one room in this mountaintop house of ours. In it, I feel like a Persian princess. There's oodles of soft, gauzy fabrics around the windows and the balcony door. They float and shimmer in the warmest, sweetest breeze imaginable. The marble floors are cool to the feet and a stage for sunlight and shadows to dance.
  There's a place for Jesus and I to lie down. It's soft, full of pillows in turquoise, gold and purple. It's a place of quiet conversations, of questions asked and finally answered. There's rest and peace unlike anything I've ever had as I curl up safe and secure in my Saviours arms.

  Lord, I hope You don't mind me sharing our special place. It's been far too long since I've even thought about it. Thank You that I can go there whenever I want. Help me carry the joy and peace it fills me with throughout my day on this ole mortal world.
  Thank You for the gift of words. Thank You for imagination. Thank You so very much that my own be-longing meant You became my Lord and Saviour. Forever.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...