Saturday 1 July 2017

I am Delighted In. Isaiah 42:1 by Susan L.

  "Look at My servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen, who pleases Me. I have put My Spirit upon Him. He will bring justice to the nations." JCB (This Bible highlights the prophecies about Jesus in blue. This is written in blue. I added the capitals.)
  "Behold! My Servant whom I uphold. My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles." NKJ

  It always amazes me what leaps out of a particular passage on any given day. Even the same passage on a different day might have something else leap off the page. And what's jumped out for me could be something entirely different for someone else. It truly is the Living Word of God...

  Wow.

  Today's leap feels as though it has zero connection to the affirmation...I was astounded to think that God has a soul. I'd always thought it was something we earthly beings were given. But then, we are made in His image... Whew! Big thoughts for a mortal brain first thing in the morning!
  This has me wondering...what exactly is a soul? A quick search on Google gave almost 46.6 million responses. It looks like this is not the first time this question has been asked! :)

  Chabad.org has a beautiful way of explaining it. A soul is the spark that every living thing needs to give it life and purpose. Everything has a soul, a spark of Godliness that gives its life meaning. "A soul is not just the engine of life; it also embodies the why of a thing's existence."
  Sometimes it's hard to see the "why". God sees it though. He designed us perfectly to fulfill the "why" of our existence.
  I am going to have a bit of fun here.
  Grass has a purpose. So do elephants and sparrows. I wonder if I would be able to embrace a blade of grass as a role model?
  What does grass do? It grows. It provides nourishment with tender shoots and later, its seeds feed many a mouse or horse or cow in the dead of winter. It provides shelter for wee things. It looks beautiful. It protects the soil. It can do no harm except when it starts to grow up through the driveway but that's not intentional, it's utilizing an opportune crack in the surface. Grass doesn't worry. When times are hard, through flood, fire, and frigid temperatures, the roots persevere with a doggedness that can be frustrating for a gardener.
  Hmmm, maybe there's something to learn here. Maybe my human life, my human soul, could use a good dose of simplicity in a sometimes complicated life.
  Truthfully? I have so much more than the front lawn to inspire, encourage, teach, and grow me. My soul delights in the knowledge that Jesus is part of my life. My soul delights in knowing God the Father was so delighted in His creations that He laid plans for us to be brought together again long before Adam.
  "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." Mat 24:3
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...