Tuesday 4 July 2017

I am Desired Psalm 45:11 by Susan L.

  "So the King will greatly desire your beauty; Because He is your Lord, worship Him." NKJ
  "For your royal Husband delights in your beauty; honour Him, for He is your Lord." JCB

  I have to confess this topic is one of my stumbling blocks. When it comes to discussing beauty, it makes me cringe. Echoes of the past hammer down on any glimmer of belief that maybe I am beautiful after all. A lack of "beauty" has been thoroughly reinforced through rejection, abandonment, and betrayal. Some days it feels as though these things have built an insurmountable mountain that keeps getting in the way of truth.
  The sad thing is most of us women are in the same boat. Studies have shown that we average thirteen negative thoughts about ourselves every day. Even a quick glance at a vague reflection in a window is often met with an "ugh" thought.
  So, here's the question...What happened to the joy I should feel regarding this amazing body the Lord blessed me with? How old was I when I learned shame because it was imperfect?

  It would seem there's a lot of forgiving to be done. There's a long list of people and situations that keeps trying to remind me I am not beautiful. Once again I need to forgive those who rejected, abandoned and abused me. I need to forgive myself, too, for believing what I was taught either directly or through innuendo.

  What is seen as the epitome of human beauty is a transient thing, a constantly changing standard. Marilyn Monroe was a curvaceous size twelve. Twiggy, a 1960's model was, well, twig thin. Size 0 is now in stores. How can someone be a size 0?
  Maybe I need to look beyond what the bathroom scales say. Maybe I need to pray that the Lord will fill me with the knowledge of how He sees me. Maybe I need to ask Him to change the head knowledge these many affirmations have instilled into heart knowledge...
  There's no "maybe" about it.
  Lord, I lift the "maybe's" to you.
  Psalm 8 asks the question, "What is man (woman) that You are mindful of him (her)?"
  Who are we that You are mindful of us?

  Here's what gets me every time..
  Universal events were mapped out so every single one of us would have the opportunity to know God the Father. Macro events, the little things when viewed against the entirety of time, were set in place so every single one of us would have the opportunity to know God the Father.
  God is not a God of coincidence but intention.
  So why did He do all this?
  Our royal Husband delights in us. In Christ, we are wrapped in a mantle of beauty that shines like a beacon to the world. Honor Him, for He is our Lord who died for us.
  Lord, grant us eyes to see and ears to hear. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...