Wednesday 12 July 2017

I am Enlightened, Ephesians 1:18 by Susan L.

  "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints." NKJ
  "I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he has called--his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance." JCB

  I wasn't going to do an affirmations today but instead, take a day and reflect on everything I've learned over the last eighty-two posts. God knows so well beforehand what each of us needs doesn't He? His timing is perfect. Today's scripture is an ideal opportunity to do just that.
  In all these days of writing, what has sunk in? Where have changes happened? Where has growth and newness of life flooded into my being?
  Each day has left the terrible life of constant anxiety further and further behind as I travel forward into truth.  Because of this incredible gift of healing, there is such a hope filling my breast I am excited about tomorrow and the limitless possibilities it contains in Christ. Even when there's a bit of a hiccup or my heart is troubled, it doesn't last because the trust I have in my Lord is continuously being cemented more and more firmly into the foundation of my being.
  I've also come to realize that as much as I love answers and solving puzzles, it's okay to live without them because it's only in God's time will they come. Mind you, it doesn't stop me asking questions. :) He did give me a generous dose of curiosity.
  He knows I have difficulty grasping His divine love. Yet, even in my small human way, bits and pieces of understanding are growing into bigger bits and pieces of understanding about what His love is.
  There's been a lot of letting go. Each day finds another layer of forgiveness given freely and also received when I have repented. Grace, grace and more grace keeps moving in. The more I forgive, the easier it gets because of the incredible freedom this gift of words brings. Sometimes I have to forgive someone over and over but that's okay, too. Each time lets go of the hurts a little bit more.
  Laughter comes easily. Especially when I laugh at myself. There's been an increasing element of play in everything I do. It continually overrides the performance drive, the perfectionist in me. Mistakes are okay. Ha ha ha! Who am I kidding!?
  Sometimes life gets pretty serious because I can be a bit too serious and intensely focused at times.
  And lastly, a joy has moved in that is so great it brings me to tears. Joy in the peace. Joy in the letting go and letting in. Joy in the writing, the art, the music. Washing dishes? Not so much.
  But isn't that because I am much happier making sawdust or getting hot and sweaty and dirty working in the yard? A domestic I am not.
  Oh, for sure there's room to grow. That's how everything ends up seasoned with humility.
  Thank You, Lord, for filling me with a growing confidence. And there is the greatest joy of all: the journey with my Lord and King, Jesus Christ.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...